Here are the plugins I commonly use for Firefox:
- Google Browser Sync – share a common browser environment across multiple computers.
- Weave – share a common browser environment across multiple computers.
- Flashblock – flash doesn’t run until you click on it.
- IE Tab – embed IE into Firefox tabs. Useful for sites that only work with IE.
- CookieSafe – better tool for controlling cookie permissions.
- FireBug – essential for web development.
- Greasemonkey – download scripts to customize sites.
- AdblockPlus – I only block ads from intellitxt and a few others that are terribly annoying.
- FireFTP – featureful FTP client for Firefox.
- S3Fox – utility for accessing Amazon’s S3 file storage.
- ChatZilla – an IRC client.
Here are some of the software applications I often use:
- TortoiseSVN – best version control client for Windows.
- Java – core programming language.
- Python – very handy scripting language.
- Notepad++ – nice free Windows editor.
- Virtual Dimension – provide multiple desktops in Windows.
- Firefox – my preferred browser.
- IntelliJ IDEA – my favorite IDE.
- SpaceMonger – a useful tool to see where your disk space is going.
- WinMerge – one of several good diff tools.
Here are some other, more special purpose applications:
Here are the plugins I commonly use for IntelliJ IDEA:
- Open containing folder in a …
- Mercurial Integration *or* hg4idea